The Land of Blog inside swordandspirit.com

The rantings and ravings of the people who inhabit the bizarre world of sword&spirit ministries, where Christianity is on the edge.

Name:
Location: Temecula, Southern California, United States

Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Happy New Year - sorta.

I'm not sure if I should wish everyone a Happy New Year this year. There are people who don't celebrate the New Year with us in the United States. The have different calendars, and different celebrations of the new year! So rather than isolate these people and cause irreparable damage to their already sensitive souls, I will refrain from saying Happy New Year to people this year.

As far as that goes I will stop using the year's number altogether, as in "this year is 2005." The year 2005 is short for AD 2005, which is short itself for anno Domini 2005, which is Latin for "in the year of our Lord, 2005." What if the person I am talking to feels excluded by my use of the term "Lord" which of course refers to Jesus Christ? I'm afraid the ACLU may take me to court on that, since I am a public school teacher and using the year number is forcing kids to accept that Jesus is God. I will stop.

And what about the days of the week???!!! They are all named after gods of myth and legend. What if kids think I'm referring to the day of Thor when I say "Thursday"? Wait a minute! That would only offend those Christian kids, and who cares about offending them?

I love America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home